Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: cherry pickers

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep...Pez and I picked 3 1/2 gallons of cherries...black, queen anne, and reds....we made soooo much jam..yum! We were quite a sight way up on ladders in the trees..blueberries next week...then the raspberries and blackberries...what a good summer this will be.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mike LOVES the jam. He actually pulled out some stale biscuits I was going to feed to my chickens and heated them so he could test out the jam. Chloe had her jam with whipped creme.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That all sounds soo delish...My mother usted to make a three level Blackberry cobbler. It was my favorite, When it was hot, I would add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or if it was cold I would add a bit of ice cold milk...MMMm what a memory

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no cherry trees in your neck of the woods Suz???I thought black forest cake originated in Germany. Head to the woods...pick...pick freeeeee

    rog would love that recipe..drool

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 20, 2006 03:50 PM: Message edited by: cherrysmum ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Forbidden Passions's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2006
    Posts
    2,326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oooooooooooooh*licks lips*L
    I love cherries, they are just too expensive to buy!!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ilove cobbler....I hope to get a lot of blackberries this summer.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unfortunately, before my mother died, I asked her for several recipes and was told she didn't know the recipes, she just added what was needed until it was done.

    For her cobler I know she would add to a tall pan, sweetened blackberries, add a pastry dough, and bake it til brown, add more berries and dough, bake til brown, then repeat and added sugar & butter to the top and baked it again. I am drooling...She did this to all her cobblers: Cherry, Peach, Gooseberry, blackberry.

    So many of her recipes I have tried to recreate and just can't quite get it, like her potato dumplings, stew meat hash, giblet gravey...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been in a cooking mode for several weeks now..baking bread is a really fun thing for me..and it is good for my arthritic fingers to knead the bread LOL....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •